Play with your ideas to give your home an entire different look
Festivals have long been associated with pompous decorations, glitzy fervor and colorful illuminations. Eid ul Fitr is no exception to this rule. The unique charm of the festival is manifest in the elaborate embellishment that adorns the otherwise modest abode of Eid celebrators. Every Muslim home radiates splendor and magnificence on this auspicious day. People bedeck their surroundings with a new, flashy look and give a warm welcome to visitors, friends and relatives. They also dress up in new outfits, to match up to the festive spirit and all-encompassing aura of the festival.
The significance of Eid-ul-Fitr for Muslims corresponds to the meaning Durga Puja has for Hindus and Christmas for Christians. People clean their houses to make it spanking new and go for a more traditional way of decorations. Green, the holy color for Muslims, holds special importance on the day and is used to decorate homes as well. Floral bouquets, huge in size, are made and hung at the entrance of the homes, as a greeting symbol. Usually, the beautification of homes begins with the commencement of the holy month of Ramadan. Children also prepare Eid crafts, like cards, crescent moon, paper flowers, hangings, gift bags and other creative items, to celebrate the occasion in their own special way. Here, we have some ideas that how you can make special decor your home on Eid days. Take a look!
Fill some memories in
Display your beautiful memories with your loved ones on these special days! Put some photos prints on your living room table and show your precious moments with your family. Besides, they will add up some personal feeling to light up the room.
Play around with pillows
Throw pillows with bold design add a casual chic vibe to the room. Don’t be shy to pile them on and mix some patterns. Combine large prints with small ones, florals with geometrics. You want some specific designs? We can help you make your own customized throw pillows. You can put your design or photo in your throw pillow.
Spike the interest level in a neutral room with a few splatters of pattern such as trellis, ikats, florals, and many more. The trick to mixing patterns is to pick a color theme and to use big swaths of solid color (in sofas, chairs, or ottomans) to anchor the space.
Not just pattern that will add up some spark in your room, texture does too. Make every surface pleasing to the touch and the eye. This is the place to fill with luxurious fabrics, furnishings and finishes.
Spice up a bare wall
Use your wall as display. Hang some photos or drawings that make your wall stunningly artsy. Make it pops with top quality customized canvas arts or even magnets with your own designs, drawings, or family photos. It will accent your room, plus add a warmer sense.
Accent with plant
Creating a grouping by adding a leafy plant (or two) would give that space a fresher, more sophisticated look. A low-maintenance plant that thrives in natural light can bring green flavor to your living room or the guest room. But you’ve to be a smart one choosing the right plant during shopping the plants. Otherwise planting the trees within the walls will just bring wild feelings.
Light and candles
Your Eid decor will not be complete without creative lighting. Add a few small spot lights to your main area to put emphasis on your home’s focal points. Even more enchanting would be, to add aromatic colorful candles to your living and dining area. They will give a really unique and elegant look.
Religious wall decor
There are a lot of things that can be used to decorate the walls of a Muslim home in a tasteful manner.Wall Clocks with Islamic images, Beautiful Islamic tiles, Wall Hangings, and Islamic stickers are just a few of items that would help give your wall that Eid feeling. Beautify your home this Eid ul Fitr with these appropriate wall decorations.
Eid is the best time to show off your expensive crockery. Without a doubt, you will be making plenty of food and delights to entertain your guests with. By presenting the food in nice and stylish platters, you will definitely make an impression of your taste on your guests courtesy of the Eid festivities.
- On Eid ul Fitr, you need to make the entire house look spic and span, by cleaning it thoroughly. Not even a single corner should be left covered with dust.
- Inside the home, decorations can include flowers, wall hangings and crafts made at home. For the more artistic souls, there are a lot of innovative options. They just need a plain cardboard, which can be cut into different shapes and sizes, for instance resembling crescent moon and stars. They can be used as wall hangings inside the house.
- The decoration items can be purchased from the market as well. Right from the floral arrangements to the crescent moon, there is no decoration that you cannot find in the market these days.
- A prayer rug can also be designed on your own, on the festival of Eid. All the family members can participate in its preparation and make it all the more special. Embroidery can be used to enhance its beauty.
- Clean the outside of your house thoroughly. It will look more beautiful and welcoming, if the surroundings have a fresher look.
- Eid banners can be made on your own or purchased from the market and used to decorate the outdoors.
- Colorful illuminations are the best way to decorate the outside of your house. Go for elaborate illuminations, if your budget allows.
- Since Id-ul-Fitr is a festival with immense religious significance, religious flags or patakas is also a viable option for exterior decoration. All you have to do is make religious Muslim symbols cloth, color them with oil paint or ink stamps and put them outdoors.
Following these ideas, you can give a glamorous look to your home or flat. So you need not to be a designer or interior architect, just be a romantic one and gather the ideas what can suit your dwelling place and color your dream palace with the touch of creativity.