Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina Awarded Top 113 Exporters
Prime minister, Sheikh Hasina recently distributed The National Export Trophy 2011-12 and 2012-13. The awards were distributed at a program organized jointly by the ministry of commerce and the Export Promotion Bureau at Osmani Memorial Auditorium in the city. The trophies were distributed among 113 export organizations for their significant role in overseas trade and thus earning foreign currency. A total of 52 export organizations received gold medals, 37 silver medals while 24 bronze medals for the fiscal years 2011-12 and 2012-13.
Twenty-four establishments that are selected for the gold medal for FY12 are Refat Garments, Square Fashion, Square Textiles, Noman Waving, Zaber and Zobaer Fabrics, Apex Foods, Popular Jute Exchange, Akiz Jute, Apex Tannery, Picard Bangladesh, FB Footwear, Agri concern, Oran Exports, Rajdhani Enterprise, Karupanna, Rangpur, Bengal Plastic, Far Ceramics, Uniglory Cycle, Thanvir Polymer, Beximco Pharma, Service Engine, Universal Jeans, Shasha Denims and Montrims.
The establishments which will get silver medal are Ananta Apparels, GMS Composite, Mosharraf Composite, Envoy Textiles, Seamark (BD), F R Jute, Janata jute, S F Industries, R M M Leather, Farm Fresh, Pran agro, Capital Enterprise, Ever Bright Plastic, Transworld bicycle, Al Habib Enterprise, Graphics People and jeans-2000.
Nine establishments that are getting bronze medal are Sinha Industries, Four H Fashions, Viealatext Spinning, Paramount Textiles, Kuliarchar Sea foods, Reza Jute, Karim Jute Al-Azmi Trade and Pran Foods.
Twenty-six establishments are getting gold medal for FY13. These establishments are Refat Garments, GMS Composite, Kamal Yearns, Sad Sun Textiles, Zaber And Zobaer, Noman Terry Towel, Apex Foods, Popular Jute, Akiz jute, Apex Tannery, Picard Banglaesh, F B Footwear, Al-Azmi Trade, Pran Dairy, Rajdhani Enterprise, Karupanna, Rangpur, Bengal Plastic, Far Ceramics, BRB Cables, Merin Safety System, Square Pharma, Graphics People, Universal Jeans, Shasha Denims and Montrims and Meer Telecom.
Nineteen establishments that are getting silver medal are Ananta Apparels, Square Fashions, Badsha Textiles, Envoy Textiles, Seamark (BD), Unilarence Textiles, Janata Jute, Reza Jute, S F Industries, MM Leather, Service Engine, Pacific Jeans and Zaber and Zubaer Accessories.
The establishments that are receiving bronze medal are Apparel Gallery, Inter soft Apparels, Mosharraf Composite, Talha Fabrics, Jalalabad Frozen foods, Uttara Jute, Sadat Jute, Bengal Leather, ABC Footwear, Footbed Footwear, Alin Foods, Pran Foods, Helal and Brothers, EFL Plastic and Uniglory Papers and Packaging.
Presided over by Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed, the function was addressed, among others, by Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Commerce Ministry Md Tajul Islam Chowdhury, Senior Secretary of the Commerce Ministry Hedayetullah Al Mamun and FBCCI President Abdul Matlub Ahmad. EPB Vice Chairman Mafruha Sultana delivered the address of welcome.
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina hands over a National Export Trophy to Md Nasir Uddin, Managing Director of Universal Jeans Ltd.
- Tapan Chowdhury, Managing Director of Square Group, receives a National Export Trophy from Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
- Mir Nasir Hossain, Managing Director of Mir Group, receives a National Export Trophy from the Prime Minister.
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina hands over an export trophy to Najmul Huq, Managing Director of Janata Jute Mills Ltd.
- Kaniz Fatema Zareen, Director of Viyellatex Group, receives a National Export Trophy from Sheikh Hasina.
- The Prime Minister hands over a National Export Trophy to AK Azad, Managing Director of Ha-Meem Group.
- Uzma Chowdhury, Director of corporate finance at Pran-RFL Group, receives an export trophy from the Prime Minister.
- Md Saiful Islam, Managing Director of Pi card Bangladesh, receives National Export Trophy “Gold” from Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for highest export in leather goods for consecutive two years — fiscal 2011-2012 and fiscal 2012-2013 .