Protect your lips in the tough days of summer
There is a common thinking that lip problems are manifested only in winter season. With the high heat of summer people started taking skin care more seriously but there’s one patch of skin that is often overlooked when it comes to the summer elements—the lips. This false idea makes us forget that lips are a very protuberant part of the body and lips need extra TLC all year round—especially in summer—because they lack the natural glands to keep them moist. As the temperature rises and your lips are exposed to harmful UV rays, heat, and transitions from the heat to air conditioning, lips easily become dry and chapped, which leaves them looking and feeling very ralph and crackly.
So, taking good care of your lips is very important and you should do it properly and on daily basis to avoid different kinds of skin diseases and infections.Here are some very good natural beauty tips for keeping your lips soft and shiny in the dry days of summer.
- Don’t lick your lips. This bad habit can cost your lip we lick our dry lips to add some moisture, but it actually dries them out even more.
- Apply coconut oil to your lips daily. This moisturizes the lips.
- Mix a bit of white sugar/brown sugar and honey together. Then pour olive oil and a little of lime or lemon juice to make a mixture. Scrub in circular motion. Wash off with warm water and let it dry. Then apply vitamin E to lips smoothly.
- Try to avoid over exposure to the sunrays as they can absorb moisture of your lips and make them dry. If you have to spend a lot of time outdoors, then you should go for ‘triple lipstick ‘, with moisturizers and sunscreen built right in.
- Take half cup rose petals and make a paste of it by mixing with milk. Apply this paste to lips regularly. Natural ingredients present in it will keep the lips smooth always.
- Take a spoon full of butter, add turmeric and paste in at night time. Apply very gently and wash after 20 minutes. Change can be seen on regular usage.
- Always keep lip balm with you as it might be the most important skin care product in your summer skin care tool bag. It serves two purposes—to protect the lips from harmful UV rays and to moisturize them, thereby preventing dehydration and chapping.
- Take almonds, butter, and milk to make a paste. After you wash your lips, apply this mixture and let it stay on your lips for at least one hour. Continue using this treatment daily for several weeks to lighten the darker lips.
- Slice up a cucumber into thin pieces and leave them over lips for five. It helps to rehydrate your lips.
- Apply a generous amount of pure honey all over the lips. Then coat the lips with Vaseline and leave it for 10-15 minutes. This will let your lips absorb the honey and thus soften it. Remove the honey and Vaseline using a damp cotton cloth. Keep doing this for one week to see the results.
- Using beetroot and carrot juice on your lips regularly
will help you to get soft and pink lips. This will also help you to remove dark marks on your lips.