By: Afroza Nazneen Shumi
Vegetable Tofu Soup
- 7 oz mushroom
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 green onions thinly sliced (light and dark green parts separated)
- 6 cups water or vegetable stock
- 3 cups chopped cabbage leaves
- 454 g soft tofu drained and cut into cubes
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Sesame oil
- Prepare enoki mushroom by brushing off any loose dirt with a paper towel. Then just cut off and discard the roots. Set aside.
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Stir-fry light green parts of green onions until soft, about 1 minute.
- Add water or stock and turn the heat to high. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add cabbage or bokchoy, a pinch of salt; cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add enoki mushroom and tofu; cook for 1 minute. Correct seasoning with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into an individual bowl. Serve with a drizzle of sesame oil.