1 and ½ cups plain flour
1 tablespoon semolina
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Talmakhana
Oil for deep fry
. 200 grams of dried peas
. 1 cup diced the large boiled potato
. 1 tablespoon roasted cumin powder
. 1 finely sliced medium size onion
. 4 finely sliced green chilies
. Coriander leaves chopped
. Black salt
For Tamarind water:
1 teaspoon fried cumin powder
4 dried red chilies
2 teaspoons sugar or to taste
Black salt (optional)
Round cookie cutter
How to make:
1.First, soak Talmakhana in water for 10-15 minutes, then dissolve salt with Talmakhana’s water, flour and semolina. Knead properly and make a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough 6 equal balls and roll ball into flat thin bread.
3. Now cut the bread with the cookie cutter. Roll rest of balls same way.
4. Place fry pan on medium heat. Don’t make oil too hot. Fry the fuska shells on medium heat otherwise the shells won’t be crisp.
5. Soak peas overnight and boil with salt.
6. Drain peas and mix potato, roasted cumin, chilies, coriander, onion, and black salt.
7. Soak tamarind half hour with one cup water. Fry the chilies and crush them.
8. Add crushed chilies, salt, cumin powder, and sugar in tamarind water.
9. Now make a hole in fuska shells and insert peas stuffing there. Make 8-10 of them and serve in a plate along with tamarind water.