- Rice– 2 cups
- Sugar– 2 1/2 cup
- Mawa– 3 tablespoon grated
- Whole garam masala-cinnamon, cardamon, bay leaf, cloves– as needed
- Ghee– 1/2 cup
- Jorda color/orange food color– 1 teaspoon
- Orange Juice– 1/4 cup
- Raisins(kishmish)– 3 tablespoon
- Nuts– 1/4 cup chopped
- Rose Water– 1 tablespoon
- For Garnishing:
- Mini Gulab Jamun- 1 cup
- Chopped Pistachio – 4 tablespoon
- Fresh Cream– as needed
- Boil enough water in a large pan. When the water has boiled, add the rice.
- Once the rice is 90% cooked, remove from flame and drain all water and keep aside.
- In a deep bottom, pan melts sugar with 1/2 cup of water. Add the whole gram masala.
- Then add cooked rice and food color. Mix well.
- Next mix ghee, orange juice, and rose water. Add mawa, mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Stir a few times in this cooking time.
- Once the sugar syrup dries up, add overall the raisins, nuts, mini sweet/mishti and put it on du