3/4 cup (45g) shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup (90g) crushed gingernut biscuits
- 3 tablespoons (60ml) melted butter
- 500g cream cheese softened
- 315ml sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut essence
- 2 cups (315g) cubed fresh mango
- 1 teaspoon white sugar, or more to taste
Preheat oven to 165 degrees C. Lightly greases a cupcake pan.
- Combine the coconut, gingernut biscuits, and melted butter in a bowl; mix until evenly moistened. Press the base mixture into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Bake the base in the preheated oven until browned and set, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven heat to 150 degrees C.
- Beat the softened cream cheese in mixer bowl until smooth. With beater set to medium-low, slowly pour the condensed milk into the bowl, mixing only until just blended, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the eggs, individually, allowing the first to blend into the mixture before adding the second; again, scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Pour about half of the cream cheese mixture into a separate bowl. Stir the lime juice and lime zest into the portion in the new bowl; pour this over the crust in the springform pan, smoothing into an even layer.
- Stir the coconut essence through the remaining cream cheese mix; pour this mix over the lime-flavored layer in the springform pan, smoothing into an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top of the cheesecake springs back when gently pressed, about 45 minutes. Turn oven heat off, but leave the cheesecake inside with oven door slightly ajar until the oven cools completely. Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Prepare mango coulis by pureeing the mango with sugar until smooth. If too thick, add a teaspoon of water at a time, using just enough to make pourable. Drizzle over cheesecake when plated.