- 1 leg of lamb
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp heaped coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilies
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp Yoghurt
- Juice of 1.5 lemons
- Pinch of Sugar
- Make cuts into the meat and marinate in the above ingredients for 1-2 days.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Put the meat and all the juices into a roasting pan or oven proof dish. Add 1/2 a cup of water and vegetables of your choice, like potatoes, peas, onions and carrots.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Check on the hour.
- The internal temperature should reach between 165 and 170 degrees in the thickest part of the meat. When it reaches close to that temperature, uncover and return to the oven. Baste every 15 minutes until the meat is done. Uncovering the meat in the last 1/2 hour or so will give it a nicely browned crust.
- Take out of the oven, cover tightly with aluminum foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving. Reserve some of the liquid in the roasting pan to pour over the meat and use the rest to make the gravy.
- Place the leg on a platter and arrange the vegetables around it. Pour the reserved liquid over it and serve hot with your favorite sides.